Stonehenge

Stonehenge
Stonehenge, England

Hi everybody!

Would you like to practise your English? If so, go ahead!

Monday 4 March 2013

Nadal thrashes Ferrer and regains fourth spot in Mexico final

Rafa Nadal steamrollered fellow Spaniard David Ferrer 6-0, 6-2 in the final of the Mexican Open in Acapulco to win his second trophy in only his third tournament since returning from seven months out with a left-knee injury.
It was the first time the Mallorcan had faced a top-10 player since his comeback and the result at the ATP 500 clay-court competition also allowed him to steal back the number four spot in the world ranking from the Valencian.
“Today I played as if these seven months hadn’t existed, but they did exist and you have to keep them in mind, and that all the negative stuff could turn into something positive if everything progresses well,” explained Nadal.
“I didn’t do anything badly; I had an almost perfect match. Perfection doesn’t exist, but for me it was almost perfect. I could never have imagined playing at the level I played today.” (El País in English)

No comments:

Post a Comment